Re: paper

In answer to what damage the acid leather will do, I'd be happy to show
you some examples if you ever get to Charleston.   The leather turn-ins
come in contact with the paper and I regularly see books in which the
turn-in has *burned* the end sheets, title page and several further
interior pages of a book depending on how long the contact has taken
place.  I'm sure there are great variables in damage depending on the
storage environment, the damage is definitely there.   I have not done any
study on how long it takes for the damage to occur either.  Anyone got any
study results?

Jane Brown
Waring Historical Library
Charleston, SC