[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Rice paper
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Rice paper
- From: R Starr <rstarr@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 17:54:53 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <01IDRV25AHG2006AXI@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU>
- Message-Id: <199701032255.OAA18561@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
1) I'm happy (sorry) to say that I have not had the problem of acrylic
medium coated pages sticking together. There may be different
formulations made by different companies. I have used Golden brand. The
Rennaissance wax idea seems to be a good one. You might also want to try
Crystal (sp?) Clear spray although it is toxic and you should use a hood
or a respirator rated for organic chemicals.
2) I'm aware of the confusion about rice paper. Quite often I have seen
it used to describe the lacy, Japanese "rain" papers.
3) I echo the appreciation of the leather inquirer. As a fellow amature
I appreciate all of the expertise given to us by all of the pros on this
list. It really helps make my world a better if not a more archival place.