Re: attaching files

Iris,
When you are in Word, save it as an ASCII text file, then attach that. Word
is very specific, even more so because it for Windows. As not everyone uses
a particular piece of software, ASCII is universally the standard.

Peter

At 05:33 PM 1/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi.....thanks to all who have welcomed me to the list! I've had quite a few
>catalog requests, and tried to e-mail them by attaching a file, but it
>doesn't get through. I have it in Word For Windows and it says it's a
>binary file. Tried to change it to "text"but it jumps back to binary, and I
>get a message saying it can't be sent. Any ideas out there for a confused
>beginner?????Thanks, Iris Nevins
>

                  >>> I love working in the library. <<<

Conservation Librarian                                  <fax> 315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library                <email> pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse University               <www> http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
Syracuse, NY 13244                  <listmgr> Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu