Re: sources for/experiences with scroll paper

micheal

sorry if you felt i was "fishing", or otherwise wasting bandwidth
with my query...  th fact is, my post contained all the information
i had at the time.  i recently received a poetry manuscript (from
a fellow Buffaloian, as it happens), and it struck from the form of
the work that a scroll publication might be an appropriate vehicle.
obviously, such a project has a variety ov technical problems to take
into consideration... paper availablity was the one i chose to focus
on first.  the information i've received so far (& thanx to all!) has
been useful to me, as each piece of info & subsequent choices helps
narrow & define my subsquent design & production options.  that
progressive interaction between the requirements of the "content" and
the technical limitations of the "form" (and i'm not at all suggesting
that those two aspects are seperable) is, for me, one of the most
challenging and rewarding aspects of book design & production.  i
admitedly did invite more generalized discussion of techniques folks
have used in producing scrolls--feeling that, at this stage, i might
not know which questions to ask, and trusting that someone on th list
might have experience that i could benefit from.

when request are too overly-broad or novice, it is generally the case
that resource exist (FAQs, websites, books) which would be helpful--
if that is the case here, i'll look forward to any references or URLs
that will help point me in the right direction.  in the mean-while,
perhaps folks who have additional information for me will be kind
enough to back-channel me personally, so as not to burden the list.

gratefully
luigi-bob drake
burning press