Re: sources for/experiences with scroll paper

Sorry Michael, but I vote with the below writer.  Sometimes opened ended
questions can be interpreted differently by others.  There is such a wealth
of information in everyones heads (including yours - you've been extremely
helpful in many cases) on this list, that I'd hate to shut someone out
because they don't think they can't contribute to a close ended question.  I
find this list very interesting and I have learned a great deal in
conservation, book arts and binding techniques (even though I don't
understand all the terms - but that's okay).

Please keep the questions coming -

Not burdening me...

Colette Johnson-Vosberg

>A subscriber says
>"perhaps folks who have additional information for me will be kind
>"enough to back-channel me personally, so as not to burden the list.
>
>I vote for putting this on the list otherwise one only gets questions
>and never sees answers! I see all sorts of useful info - including
>this rolls stuff - which I squirrel away, stuff I never knew about. An
>alternative approach is to ask for direct replies back to the
>questioner who then posts a summary to the list, but this does not
>encourage all those wonderful sidelines and back roads that a list
>like this can explore if it is open and free!
>
>Perhaps I'm lucky not to have to pay for my e-mail ...
>
>Best regards, Martyn
>             Martyn Ould, The Old School Press, The Green,
>                Hinton Charterhouse, Bath BA3 6BJ, UK
>                       e-mail mao@praxis.co.uk
>           web page at http://www.praxis.co.uk/ppuk/ppuk.htm

Colette Johnson-Vosberg