mid 17th century marbling

Can anyone advise me, perhaps with a reference, on what style of
marbling would have been around in the mid 17th century? I understand
it was ebru? Are there subdivisions of that, particular colours etc
etc?

I'm contemplating a book whose subject matter dates from that time and
an appropriate pattern paper seems in order. Alternatively perhaps
there were other forms of paper decoration other than marbling? All
suggestion welcome.

Best regards, Martyn
             Martyn Ould, The Old School Press, The Green,
                Hinton Charterhouse, Bath BA3 6BJ, UK
                       e-mail mao@praxis.co.uk
           web page at http://www.praxis.co.uk/ppuk/ppuk.htm