[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Basic Paper Treatments for Printed Book Materials
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Basic Paper Treatments for Printed Book Materials
- From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@linda.TELEPORT.COM>
- Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 23:21:04 -0800
- Message-Id: <199701201833.KAA71672@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>Just wanted to let everyone know that I've added an article I wrote several
>years ago for the Guild of Book Workers Journal, Basic Paper Treatments for
>Printed Book Materials, to the "Tutorials" section in Book Arts Links.
>>From the "Introduction:"
>"In October of 1989, at the Guild of Book Workers' Standards of Excellence
>Seminar, Betsy Palmer Eldridge gave a presentation on 'Basic Paper
>Treatments for Printed Book Materials." This 2 hour presentation was a very
>ambitious undertaking, but she did a magnificent job....
For those who may be interested, I produced a videtape of Betsy's
presentation for the Guild of Book Workers' and it is available for $30.00,
which includes postage.
Other conservation and GBW videotapes are also available. For a listing,
check my web page at the address below and follow the links to Istor
Productions and the Guild of Book Workers.
Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, OR 97217
503/735-3942 (voice/fax) "The lyf so short; the craft so long to learn."