Re: Travel advise--London, Prague, Copenhagen

Joyce Jenkins wrote:

> Any words of advise on bookish or paper places I should go?  I'll have
> about a week in London
> Joyce

> Petersburg Public Library
> Petersburg, Alaska

In 1988 I visited the Victoria & Albert Museum with the prime purpose of
viewing hand marbled paper made in the 1800's through the 1930's.  The
collection was housed on the 5th floor and one needed to request to see
it.  All that was asked was some form of ID (I used my California
drivers' license).  Most of the paper was made by Douglas Cockerell and
by today's standards not as "colorful" but wonderfully historically
correct.  You might want to call ahead to see if viewing is still
possible.  Bon Voyage.
d.guffey