Re: source of tapa

Daria wrote:

> > Hello!  Would anyone know the source of some plain white, or near white
> tapa (also called kapa ) which is made from the inner bark fibers of
> the white mulberry which are pounded into a sheet, rather than "Hollandered"
> into pulp.  The people of Somoa, Maori, New Guinea and a few in Hawaii are
> still making cloth like sheets of this, but I would like some which has
> not already been  painted with ethnic designs.
>
> Many thanks for any information available.
>
> Also, there is a new paper place in N.Y.C. which specializes in
> exotic papers - would anyone hav the name and address of this place ?
>
> Thankyou !
>
> Lilias at Saltwinds Yankee Barn Workshop

Try New York Central Art Supply, they have been in business forever and
they have the most varied collection of papers. They are located down
town NYC on 3rd Avenue. Tel. 212 473 7705. Be patient with them as they
are often very busy with a lot of the artist leaving in this area of
Manhattan
--

Denis Gouey

Denis Gouey Bookbinding Studio