Re: Photocopy problems

>I am doing a limited edition book which I have just had photocopied.  The
>pages are an odd size and as a result it was unable to be automatically fed
>through the photocopier, and had to be manually fed through to copy the
>second side of the page.  The process of sending the paper through the
>copier for side 2 resulted in some streakes of toner on the edges of the
>second side, and often some small marks from the feed wheels, which picked
>up toner from side 1 and re-deposited it on side 2 about an inch from the
>page edge.
>
>The paper I am using is Classic Laid - laser compatable.  The copier was a
>Canon.
>
>Does anyone have any magical way of removing this kind of mark from paper?
>I have tried the cellophane tape trick, but the paper has too much texture,
>and the tape picks up too much of the paper fibre as well as the toner.
>That method works OK for distinct dark spots, but not for 'smudges' like I
>have.
>
>I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Kathy
>In Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Kathy,
I am a painter as well as many other things and I have done a good deal of
drawing over the years.  My only suggestion is to try an eraser.  You know,
those soft, grey maleable kind or a gum eraser.  They won't hurt the paper
but I don't know if they would remove toner.
Hope this helps.

James