Re: perforation for stamps

I read a book about 7 or 8 years ago about a man who made stamps - he would
invent countries (sometimes based on real countries - I belive he made one
like the Netherlands while he was living there) and create a monetary
system, language, culture, etc. for them through the stamps he made.

This fellow (unfortunately I can't remember his name) made the perforations
with a manual typewriter - he typed rows of periods and then displayed the
stamps on a black background.  I've tried it, and actually it works pretty
well for a rip line if you want to separate the stamps.

-- Emily-Jane
   Santa Cruz, CA