Re: Using improvised materials

Blood actually contains a high ammount of Serum, which is alternatively known
as "Blood Albumin".  It's chemical structure is nearly identicle to egg
albumin.  I do know one marbler in Istanbul who has used serum in some colors
to counteract the crackly "Kumlu" (meaning sandy...).  Since the Turkish
marblers don't use binders in their colors today, sometimes this crackliness
can inhibit finely drawn patterns.   Albumin has been used for some time for
this purpose, but I was surprised to find Serum being used.  However they
don't use the warm, fresh red stuff.....

Jake Benson