perfing option

hi, this is my first post. nice to meet you all.

regarding perfing, ive worked on many small books using a sewing machine
w/o thread to make a nice perf. a nice big sharp needle does a fine job.
I've looked into more expensive options, and special scissors, but if
you have 100 books to perf and not much time, a sewing machine is a
great tool. plus the lines are always nice & straight if you use a
guide.