[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Please help!
- From: "Cassandra Moseley (GD 1997)" <cmoseley@PANTHEON.YALE.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 19:11:16 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199701292230.RAA06056@janus.cis.yale.edu>
- Message-Id: <199701300344.TAA25964@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I am posting this to the list because I know that many of us
subscribers work in libraries. Of those, does anybody have a copy of
Harper's Weekly, Vol. 1, 1857, that *hasn't* been library-bound recently?
I need to try to duplicate the c.1857 binding on a copy for a client, so
that it might match the rest of the set,which I haven't got and won't be
able to see.(Don't ask why; it's my own fault and a sad story)
The copy I have is bound with spine and corners of dark green, almost
black, leather brown cloth sides, and shiny mostly red marbled paper
endsheets. My questions: how many fake
raised bands? What exactly appears on the spine re: title, volume number,
date? In which panels? All caps or upper-and-lower case? A speedy reply
will make my day! Thank you in advance!
Coriander, not Cassandra who is lending me this account