[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Harper's Weekly reply
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Harper's Weekly reply
- From: "Tara D. Kennedy" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:50:11 -0500
- Message-Id: <199701302211.OAA22087@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Luckily we had our Harper's Weekly v.1 out of the stacks on hold so I could
answer your questions quickly!
The 1857 volume #1 has 5 fake raised bands.
The 2nd panel states:
The 4th panel states:
Those are the only markings on the spine.
Hope this was a speedy enough reply!
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a
little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a
vegetarian. -Dennis Wholey
Trinity College Library