Re: Title-page Wording

> Problem 2: she took short excerpts from a 19th-century bird book
> and wrote them out in a calligraphic hand to create a
> one-of-a-kind book, illustrated with her own original drawings;
> she then made a special binding for the result. Again, what might
> the title-page read?

Terry -- We have in our collections a wonderful edition of Jonathan
Swift's _A_Modest_Proposal_ for which Leonard Baskin did the same kind of
work.  His solution (and I think it rather elegant) was to list it as A
Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift, written and illustrated by Leonard
Baskin.  Perhaps that would work for your friend.

Susan Ravdin
Assistant
Special Collections
Bowdoin College Library