Wood Block Prep

------=_NextPart_000_01BC17F6.545547C0

I have been struggling with the cutting of several wood blocks and have
tried some end grain as well.  I finally broke down and bought some boxwood
to use instead of pieces from me scrap wood box containing cherry, mahogany
and several others. I have taken my boxwood and sawn it nearly type high
slices across the grain.  I have tried sanding with a belt sander.  While
they look good and feel smooth by furniture makers standards I find there
are still low or high spots when I try to print them, of course after I
have carved them.

The boxwood is wonderful, smooth and firm and even.  How do I go about
preparing the blocks for end grain carving??

Thanks for any and all insight.

Lee Cooper
lcooper@acacianet.com
------=_NextPart_000_01BC17F6.545547C0

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">I have been struggling with the cutting =
of several wood blocks and have tried some end grain as well. &nbsp;I =
finally broke down and bought some boxwood to use instead of pieces from =
me scrap wood box containing cherry, mahogany and several others. I have =
taken my boxwood and sawn it nearly type high slices across the grain. =
&nbsp;I have tried sanding with a belt sander. &nbsp;While they look =
good and feel smooth by furniture makers standards I find there are =
still low or high spots when I try to print them, of course after I have =
carved them.<br><br>The boxwood is wonderful, smooth and firm and even. =
&nbsp;How do I go about preparing the blocks for end grain carving?? =
Cooper<br>lcooper@acacianet.com</p>
------=_NextPart_000_01BC17F6.545547C0--