Czech Bookbinders

I received this from Jarmilla Sobota and thought I'd pass it on:
In a message dated 97-02-08 06:31:34 EST, sobota@plz.pvtnet.cz (Jarmilla
Sobota) writes:

<< I am working on the organization of the Society of Czech Bookbinders a=
nd
on the Annual Meeting in June. It will be new in Czech Republic, first
organization for bookbinders since the time before WW2.  I am working on =
that
for a month already.  During the weekend I should finish all editing and =
at
Monday I will send information and applications. to bookbinding Bulletin =
and
to Ministry of Internal Affairs.   We will invite also dealers for that
meeting.  We want to raise the money for the organization, which is
difficult.  People are not used to pay  a membership fee and they are not=
 use
to pay for workshops either.  During communists, it was different, everyt=
hing
was a Government property.  Today, we have to pay a  rent for the place o=
meeting (it belongs to someone), and a lawyer and much more, nothing is f=
or
free anymore. =20
 We want to do a lottery during meeting also.  People will buy lottery
tickets and there will be prizes to win.  We are asking bookbinders to do=
nate
something for the prizes and we will ask dealers as well.  More and bette=
prizes we will have, more tickets will be sold. Since you are very smart =
and
kind of practical, may be you can help.  If you will get any idea about t=
hat
lottery and prizes:  what to do, whom to ask and how, please, let me know=
.  A
problem is, that people here can't deduct donations from their taxes.  If=
 you
or somebodies you know have anything to donate, anything which bookbinder=
 can
use and you will not need, it would be welcomed, of course.  It would be =
also
very encouraging for Czech bookbinders, that somebody from beloved Americ=
ans
cares  about them.  Even if you don=B4t have anything,  maybe you will ge=
t some
idea for me about this. =20
  I am rather looking forward to finishing of those things concerning the
Society. =20
  I want to do the bookbinding work and I need to make a lot of stuff for=
 our
shop. Please, spy for me and tell me if you will see any good idea for it=
ems
for our shop. I will open on Easter.  The room is still empty.  Next week
will start carpenter work and my bookbinding work which is supposed to fi=
ll
our new but empty shelves.

[...]
How are you doing?

I wish you good weekend.