Re: Fw: req: Lynd Ward

Of the Lynd Ward woodcut novels, I've read at least "Wild Pilgrimage,"
"God's Man" and "Madman's Drum".  Maybe the fourth, too, but I don't
remember the details.  WP is the best, IMHO - I spent hours and hours
looking at it when I was a kid, and the images are so powerful and the
story subtle enough that I never got/get tired of it.  GM is more
simplistic, a story line rather like the movie version of "The Natural,"
although I like a lot of the images.  MmD is confusing - needs narration
badly.

BTW, he did absolutely smashing illustrations for an edition of
"Frankenstein."

                     _________
|  Kerman  |   (Mayapple Press(/(
   \ ?? /       http://www.cris.com/~Jkerman