Re: Fw: req: Lynd Ward

>On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Erin Pierce wrote:
>
>> I am enchanted.  I have never heard of wood cut books.  Where in the
>> world could I get my hands on wone to see for myself?
>>
>Your largest area Public Library should have a few..serveral ahve
>mentioned titles last week. An author search LYND WARD should round up
>something.

I happen to have a wood cut book on my desk right now. Just came to me for
treatment. Its " Geschichte ohne Worte" by Frans Masereel.
Here at UF all this type of book seem to end up in the Art  Library. If you
want do do some comparison, a University Art Library (or collection) would
be a good place to start.

John Freund
Conservator,
University of Florida Libraries