Re: A certain Paper

At 11:07 PM 2/18/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Derek Lyons wrote:
>>
>> <Forwarded to both the Book_Arts and Paper_L lists>
>>
>> I need help in locating a paper for a project;
>>
>> I'm making a set of ledgers/journals for a local club, and need a paper
that
>> meets the following;
>>
>> 1)  Can be written on with ballpoint on both sides with no bleed-thru (ink
>> or impressions).
>> (What is the minimum weight reccomended?)
>>
>> 2) Available in at (least) 11x17 sheets.
>>
>> 3) Reasonably inexpensive.  ($20 for 200 sheets *sounds* reasonable)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> DerekTry Teton - marketed by Seaman PAtrick here in Michigan, not sure
exactly
>what paper company makes it. Come in Cream and White - takes ink
>beautifully, comes card and text weight and some colors/weights are even
>archival. If you need more info, let me know and I will find out
>specifics. Jacqueline Sullivan in Troy, Michigan

I'm new to the list and may violate some sort of protocol, forgive me if I do.

Teton is made by Simpson Paper Co., headquarters in San Francisco
415-391-8140. They wouldn't sell it from the headquarters of course but
could probably tell you where to get it locally. Teton is a No. 1 text
paper or No. 1 cover stock. You would most likely want the cover stock to
write on without show through. Text and cover come in a variety of nice
colors. A typical size is 20 x 26 inches.

Office supply stores also sell "ledger" paper in shades of buff or light
green or white (like bond paper but heavier and stiffer). A standard size
is 17 x 22 and it is usually available in 24 lb., 28 lb., and 32 lb. The
last would probably be best for no show through.

Hope this is helpful.

Guy
Guy Dresser                          gDresser@AllenPress.com
Allen Press, Incorporated                       913-843-1234
Lawrence, Kansas 66044                     FAX: 913-843-1244