book arts in N.B.

Hi Colette,

        I had a phone call recently from a woman in Moncton who is
interested in learning about bookbinding.  Brenda Sherring has a fine arts
background, and illustrates as well as writes. Lately she has developed a
desk-top publishing enterprise, and wants to pull her interests together.
Brenda is very pleasant to talk to, and very keen.
        I gave her the names and phone numbers of people in N.B. listed in
the CBBAG directory, and have given her yours as well.  She may get in touch
with you.  Her address is 261 Park Street, Moncton E1C 2C3; phone
(506)382-9052, or in her studio 854-6916, or FAX 389-9052. (notice her fax
and phone are really similar.)
        I saw your posting to the Book Arts listserve about teaching a
workshop for young people in Saint John - have you done any for adults?
Does anybody teach book arts to adults in N.B.?  Anyone at Mount Allison?
New Brunswick Craft College?  When I met Linda Brine a few years ago, I
suggested she should offer a workshop as part of the St. Andrew's summer
programme in arts/crafts.  I don't know how one gets a place there, but I
would think it would attract some interest - and a nice place to go, too.
Hey, I'd use a week of my summer vacation to take a workshop in St. Andrew's
- a chance to go somewhere different which wouldn't cost the earth to get
to, and take a class with someone new.  Someone should do this!

        Cheers,

        Patricia Chalmers
        2081 Elm Street
        Halifax, Nova Scotia