Re: leperello

>Can you provide a etymological reference for the term leperllo?  I know that
>it is an accordion structure but I have been unable to determine the history
>and usuage of the word itself.  Thank you.
>
>Leporello is Don Giovanni's servant in Mozart's opera. The Latin 'lepor'
means pleasantness, charm, humour - and this seems to fit his character.
Whether or not it fits your kind of leporello I have no idea, but would like
to know.

Phyllis Reeve

C. E. Reeve / Phyllis Reeve
Page's Resort and Marina  [Page's on Silva Bay]
RR2, Site 30, C1, Gabriola Island, B.C. Canada V0R 1X0
Phone (250) 247-8931
E-mail tpreeve@island.net
Visit us at  http://www.island.net/~tpreeve/index.htm