Re: "Nature" Printing, 1856

Re: Nature Prints...
There is a brief description in "How To Identify Prints" by Bamber Gascoigne.
Patented in Austria in 1852, it made  possible the almost perfect
reproduction of natural objects like leaves, lace, snakeskin, bat wings....
The object was placed between two plates, one of lead, one of steel, and was
subjected to great pressure so a impression was left in the lead. The lead
plate was then double electrotyped turning it into a facsimile in copper
which was then inked and printed. Most often printed intaglio, it could also
be printed relief.