Re: moldy books

Peter,
I was not suggesting just wiping "anything" on the books and I should have
been more specific.  I used to go to a wonderful place in NYC that carried
all kinds of binding and preservation materials and assumed that one would
go to a reliable source especially if the book were "valuable" (they are
ALL valuable to ME !!).  But I probably even have some of the "stuff"
whatever it was that they recommended.  I certainly agree that prevention
is better than any remedy !

At 11:50 AM 3/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Folks,
>mold is EVERYWHERE in the air we breath and the paper we print on as well as
>the bindings. We cannot get rid of the spores, unless we live in a bubble.
>The best way to keep it under control is to control the environment.
David M. Adams
Frederick, Maryland