[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
1997 Florida Artist Book Prize
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: 1997 Florida Artist Book Prize
- From: Jim Findlay <JFINDLAY@MAIL.BCL.LIB.FL.US>
- Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 11:24:52 -0400
- Message-Id: <199703111629.IAA19625@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
1997 FLORIDA ARTIST BOOK PRIZE
Broward County Library's Bienes Center for the Literary Arts, The
Dianne and Michael Bienes Special Collections and Rare Book Library,
and the Florida Center for the Book, are pleased to announce the
sponsorship of a new annual Florida Artist Book Prize.
The first annual prize of $2,000 will be awarded for a work created
in 1997. An exhibition of a selection of the entries and an award
ceremony will be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, at the Bienes
Center for the Literary Arts in February 1998.
CRITERIA FOR ENTRY
1. The entry must be a limited edition, and not a trade edition
2. The artist's primary residence must be the state of Florida.
3. The date the title was created must fall within the calendar
year of the prize.
4. Entries must be received by December 31, 1997.
5. The artist must submit at least one copy of the title that will
become the property of the Dianne and Michael Bienes Special
Collections and Rare Book Library.
The Bienes Center reserves the right to determine which titles become
part of the permanent collection. All others will be returned to the
The award will be adjudicated by a jury of three composed of one
representative from the Florida Center for the Book, one from the
Bienes Center for the Literary Arts, and one from the Florida
library, museum, or artist book communities.
FOR ENTRY FORM APPLY TO:
Florida Artist Book Prize
% James A. Findlay, Librarian
Bienes Center for the Literary Arts
Broward County Main Library
100 S. Andrews Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Sponsored by the : Bienes Center for the Literary Arts
Florida Center for the Book
Broward Public Library Foundation, Inc.
James A. Findlay
The Bienes Center for the Literary Arts
The Dianne and Michael Bienes
Special Collections and Rare Book Library _______
Broward County Library /______/(
100 S. Andrews Ave. (_______(
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301 (________(