Re: Shining Leather

for cheap leather i used pigskin to reback wet it with wheat or wallpaper
paste ring it out and glue with elmers glue but use leather die on it
first-tandy had some pig skins about 3 sq. ft. from china for about 5
dollars---I tried leather from leather coats that doesn't work at all.

>I'm doing some experiments with cheap leather, which is originaly not ment
>to be used for binding. Most of these leathers look "dead". Is there any way
>to make them shine ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Uri
>

>Uri Kolodni - Bookbinding & Restoration
>18 Zangwill Str.
>62599 Tel-Aviv, Israel
>
>Tel : +972 3 544 2599
>Fax : +972 3 525 0125
>E-mail : kolodni@actcom.co.il
>http://www.ifta.co.il/public/kolodni

                                            Brought to you by WWWebMasters
(204.214.98.131) and
                                              SOFIE at the GEARS Project's
OASIS (204.214.98.130)

                 We build Internet access points of presence in rural areas
for communities, investors,
                 non-profit organizations, and members general public welfare.

                                                                    Local
Access.... Global Reach!