Re: adhesive for perfectbinding

The best adhesive to use is a polyvinyl acetate (PVA) formula. We use
Kapbond from Kapco Library Products and White Adhesive from
University Products. Both are pH-neutral, stay flexible, are fast
setting, dry clear, and easy to clean up with water.

And speaking of adhesives, there is some debate as to whether or not UHU
Glue Sticks are pH-neutral.. anyone know the truth?

Kay Dion
Head, Preservation Unit               |
W.E.B. DuBois Library                 |         Someday I'll put a
University of Massachusetts           |           clever saying here ...
Amherst, MA   01003                   |
kdion@library.umass.edu               |