[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: crafting art, arting craft
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: crafting art, arting craft
- From: Karen Sanders <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:36:33 -0500
- Message-Id: <199703191537.HAA12419@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The issue of "craft" in my mind is related to "pastime". Too many say
this month I want to make a book, next month I want to decorate a birdhouse,
next month I want to weave, the next month I want to do marbling...
showing no indication of a lasting commitment to self-expression or the
development of technical skills or attaining any breadth of knowledge in
I've been making books and programming computers since I was 12. The
difference is, I get paid to work on the computers.
Karen from Atlanta