Re: moire endsheets - how about blue velvet?

Ron  wrote......................

I've noticed when cutting velvet the edges 'shed' fine fibres .. is
there a
way to restrain this in order that the fibres don't continually release
into
the box?  In other words, should I glue the edges (or something) to
restrain
the shedding?

Thank you so much!

Ron Yost
musik@tcsn.net
Paso Robles, CA

Ron,
There is a product available from the fabric store called Fray Check.
I run a very small amount along the edge and allow it to dry.  Test it
first on a scrap.  I try to avoid it if I can, since I do not know if
it is archival.  Does anyone know?
Sally Thibault