Re: glue sticks

My experience with glue sticks in exhibits has been quite negative.  I
have never used them in bookbinding, but when mounting paper to matboard,
the adhesive bleeds through the paper after a period of time.  I did not
do any record keeping on this experience, but I don't plan to use it again
for anything I intend to consider permanent.  I wouldn't say it yellowed,
nor would I say it became brittle; but it was not pleasant to look at
either.
 Jane Brown