[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: crafting art, arting craft
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: crafting art, arting craft
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@MINSKY.COM>
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 20:30:55 -0500
- Message-Id: <199703220141.RAA21779@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I will take it the next step, and call American Crafts magazine (the ACC's current incarnation of a publication) and see if they can pinpoint the discussions-- I called Rose Slivka, who says that AC has an index for Craft Horizons.
You may also be interested in the Book Arts issue of Craft International, Oct/Nov 1993.
>Slivka, Rose. "The Artcraft Connection" CRAFT INTERNATIONAL volume 6 number 4, 1988, page 4< was, as I recall, an editorial or essay.
By the way, while you're in the stacks with CRAFT HORIZONS, take a look at October, 1977. "The Book of The Century." by Polly Lada-Mocarski. It's about Buckminster Fuller's "Tetrascroll", and is followed by several pages of the technical details, with some photos, of how I engineered and constructed the edition of 40-odd copies of this 43-foot long book with 3-foot triangular pages.