cute but stupid

Thanks, Richard.  The Stoppard quote [I would be interested in its context -
he created a lot of characters] has been bothering me, but was too important
to answer trivially - better, I thought, to ignore it. Your tribute to de
Kooning and his generation was the best answer.

Phyllis

C. E. Reeve / Phyllis Reeve
Page's Resort and Marina  [Page's on Silva Bay]
RR2, Site 30, C1, Gabriola Island, B.C. Canada V0R 1X0
Phone (250) 247-8931
E-mail tpreeve@island.net
Visit us at  http://www.island.net/~tpreeve/index.htm