Re: Cute but stupid

>>Imaginatioin without skill gives us modern art.<
>
>If anything endangers the future of the book arts, it would be taking this
>as anything more than an outdated joke.

Bravo Richard!  I was reading through the list  and trying to come up with
a calm response when I read your reply.  You said it.  You know, I wish in
some ways that Art were based on skill and work.  But then I will see a
quickie drawing by Rembrant or Goya or De Kooning,  executed with a broad
brush, that  captures an essential truth.  Charlie

Charles D. Jones
Artist/Printmaker/Teacher/Musician
Box 13001 SFA Station
Stephen F. Austin State University