Re: cute but stupid

You can lead a person to make a book, but you can't lead them to make
an artist's book.

Very pertinent discussion, and didn't think anybody really flamed anybody else,
just disagreed because of their personal commitment to the Book Arts.

I've been demonstrating at a local art supply store how to make a fold
book, as a technique,  With the demo I've brought a good-sized collection of
artist's books to hold, and I always discuss how the paper becomes a container
for ideas and beauty (not just a greeting card) .  I was originally very
concerned the demo would come across as a hobbyist how-to, but I can see
lightbulbs going off in some people's heads; they finally understand what an
artist's book might be.

Karen from Atlanta
karen@compgen.com