[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: miniture books
- From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux@ALASKA.NET>
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:09:10 -0800
- Message-Id: <199703261802.KAA13436@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: North Bound Books
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I have been approached by a client to bind a miniature book. I have made
a couple of miniature books for myself, but not in production mode. I
have some questions and would love to connect with a miniature bookbinder
willing to share information. This might be on the List or off.
My plan is to sew the textblock with a non-supportted link-stitch. I am
unsure whether crash is needed in a book this small. It's alot of bulk
under the endpaper and I know the book will not be used in the same way a
full size volume will be but I am uncomfortable omitting the crash
without some advice from a more experienced binder.
Are there "standards" for binding codex miniature books?
North Bound Books
Anchorage, AK 99524