miniture books

I have been approached by a client to bind a miniature book.  I have made
a couple of miniature books for myself, but not in production mode.  I
have some questions and would love to connect with a miniature bookbinder
willing to share information.  This might be on the List or off.

My plan is to sew the textblock with a non-supportted link-stitch.  I am
unsure whether crash is needed in a book this small.  It's alot of bulk
under the endpaper and I know the book will not be used in the same way a
full size volume will be but I am uncomfortable omitting the crash
without some advice from a more experienced binder.

Are there "standards" for binding codex miniature books?

Artemis BonaDea
North Bound Books
Box 240768
Anchorage, AK  99524