List FAQ

I guess it's time for me to send out this message to everyone again.
Subscription information is below. Please bookmark the list homepage so
that you will always have easy access to this information, rather than
having to ask the list.

"Our" homepage is located at <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>. Here you
will find a constantly updated list of "Book Arts Links" and resources
including tutorials as well as the Book Arts Gallery. The Book_Arts-L
archives located at CoOL can be accessed via the "Book_Arts-L FAQ" button
on the main page or directly at <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu> the home
of CoOL (Conservation Online). We are located under "mailing lists" about
halfway down Walter's list of offerings. Here you will find these
instructions on permanent display and the list archives.

New items which have been added include:

IN BOOK ARTS LINKS
RAND Calligraphy & Book Arts Club
ART on and of PAPER: Handmade Paper Art Objects by Jean Marvell
Sheila Summer's Bookbinding: How to make books. A well organized and
presented tutorial on completing some simple book structures.
How to Make a Tunnel Book: A tutorial by Edward Hutchins.
The Magic Box: Fun folded box-binding by Edward Hutchins
ZIA Calligraphy: Numerous calligraphy links and resources
Awagami Factory: Handmade washi from Japan.

Conservation related links have also be reorganized with their own seperate
page.

IN THE BOOK ARTS GALLERY
WordHangers: a new exhibit at the Hemingway Western Studies Center at Boise
State University.
Susan Hensel: Book Art.
The Art of the Book: Rare Printed Books from the University of Liverpool
Library
John Depol: creator of wood-engraved images of great beauty and serenity.
Czech Avant - Garde: European Art and Photography in Book Design, 1922 -
1940. An exhibit at the Williamson Gallery of the Art Center College of
Design in Pasadena, CA.

As always, if subscribers have suggestions for links, please let me know via
the "Feedback Form"

Peter Verheyen, Listmgr.

About Book_Arts-L

Book_Arts-L is a mailing list based at Syracuse University, and managed by
Peter Verheyen.It was founded it in July of 1994. It currently claims over=
 700
subscribers worldwide. While a good number are practicing bookbinders and
book-artists, there are also marblers, papermakers, printers, collectors,
curators in libraries, and people just interested in our wide and varied=
 field.

The list remains unmoderated and all members are free to post anything they
feel might be of interest to others. We do ask that you keep your postings
on subject though. This has included everything from discussions such as
what is a book, to technical Q&A, to offerings of services and supplies by
vendors. If you are interested in subscribing to Book_Arts-L send a message
to listserv@listserv.syr.edu. The message should read:

subscribe Book_Arts-L Your Name

You will then receive a message telling you how to change you subscription
options.

To receive a copy of your postings send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail
repro. By default you DO NOT receive copies of your postings.

To postpone your mail, for vacation, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L nomail

To receive your postings again later, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L mail repro

To receive a larger message every day or so, instead of many small
ones, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L mail digest

To unsubscribe send the message:
unsub Book_Arts-L

These messages should all be sent to listserv@listserv.syr.edu

All this information is also available via the web in the Book_Arts-L
Archive accessible through "our" homepage. The url is:
<http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey> and then all you need to do is click on
the "Book_Arts-L FAQ" graphic.

>>>                    I love working in the library.                  <<<

Conservation Librarian                                   <fax>315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library                 <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse University                <www>http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
Syracuse, NY 13244                 <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu