Re: methylcellulose

I've never had luck with methylcellulose - maybe I am mixing it wrong?  I
stir a few drops of water into 2 tablespoons of M.C. to make a paste.
Gradually sitr in more water until it is a liquidy paste - I know it will
become thicker over time so don't add too much water.  The texture is very
granular.  I brush it onto both sides of the paper I am using and press
firmly down, but it never seems to adhere.  I have tried adding PVA glue but
still to no avail.  Am I missing something?  Does the paper have to be wet
in order for it to work? Although when I was trying to adher strips of HMP
to an armature, I think I did try wetting the strips first and then brushing
on the above described solutions.

Thanks in advance,

Colette

>Marcia:
>
>I'd use methylcellulose. You can slather it and it dries ablolutely clear.
>
>Pat
>
>@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
>Pat Baldwin                                    @
>Waterleaf Mill & Bindery