Preservative for Paste. Was: best archival adhesive

One thing which works quite well as a preservative for paste is clove oil.
I put a small drop in as it is cooling down and being stirred. My average
batch size is about 2 cups (cooked) This seems to work quite well. Once the
paste is cooled, I put it in a rubbermaid container with cold water on top.
This will keep for over a week, longer in the fridge. I then strain it as I
need it.

Peter

<----  Begin PDV Signature File  ---->
Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian