Re: methylcellulose

When I make methyl cellulose. I use water that is slightly too hot for my
hand in a proportion of 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp to 16 oz of water. I stir it with a
whisk and stir occaionally over the next hour and then it is usually ready
to go. If it is thicker at the bottom, I whisk it hard again and let it sit
another hour to settle any air bubbles. I find it to be very strong for
adhering paper to board and that sort of thing. I use mc when I don't want
to risk altering the quality of the paper I am adhering. As Pat Baldwin
said you can slather it all over the paper and when it dries is looks the
same as before. Good luck
Emily Martin