Re: methylcellulose

Collette-
There are many different types of methylcellulose powders available.
Some have to be cooked, some require additives, and then there is the
type that you just mix with water. That is type I use. I mix it in my
blender. I put the water in first, turn the blender on, and then
gradually add the powder. I add powder until my blender refuses to mix
it. I let it set for about 15 minutes, run the blender again and then
it's smooth and ready to use. The resulting paste is thick enough that I
can spread it on with a knife; it is the consistency of jello. I think
if it is not adhering for you, that your mixture may be too thin.
--
Gloria Zmolek Smith      Handmade paper Artist and Educator, and author
of the book Teaching Handpapermaking: A Classroom Guide