Costa Rica HMP

I received a little brochure in the mail the other day from a Californian
store that specializes in Hand Made Papers.  One of the papers mentioned
that they carry, comes from Costa Rica made from Banana leaves.  I am
assuming it is something similar to Abaca (Manila Hemp).  Does anyone know
anything about it - who makes it, whether the whole process is by hand or
hollander beaten, etc.

I am dreaming of going to those parts one day and might pay a visit!
Especially after the cruel April Fools joke Mother Nature played on us -
just when we thought Spring was nearly upon us!

Envious of  those who live in warm climates,

Colette
New Brunswick, Canada
Colette Johnson-Vosberg