[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Costa Rica HMP
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Costa Rica HMP
- From: vosberg <vosberg@NBNET.NB.CA>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 20:58:14 -0400
- Message-Id: <199704030059.QAA14195@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I received a little brochure in the mail the other day from a Californian
store that specializes in Hand Made Papers. One of the papers mentioned
that they carry, comes from Costa Rica made from Banana leaves. I am
assuming it is something similar to Abaca (Manila Hemp). Does anyone know
anything about it - who makes it, whether the whole process is by hand or
hollander beaten, etc.
I am dreaming of going to those parts one day and might pay a visit!
Especially after the cruel April Fools joke Mother Nature played on us -
just when we thought Spring was nearly upon us!
Envious of those who live in warm climates,
New Brunswick, Canada