Re: Costa Rica HMP

Colette
We're digging out from snow here too. A nice time to think about warmth and
banANa leaves. I've ordered some banana paper from a company in New Orleans.
I believe it's made in Costa Rica. Some is 100% banana fiber and very stiff
and textured. A smoother paper is a mix of banana and something else. It's a
beautiful brown color. Their address is
New Orleans Paper Company
614 Tchoupitoulas St
New Orleans LA 70310
(504) 522-0270
I'm not clear on the specifics of manufacture but I believe that they are
using the waste products from the banana harvest.
I've also have information about other Costa Rican papers from another source
but I haven't purchased any. Lauren has ones made from other fibers as well,
including I think coffee. Again, they're using waste material from other
harvests.
Her address is
Lauren Pearlman
208 Pawtuxet Ave
Cranston RI 02905
Tel/fax (401) 461-2135
She sells beautiful Japanese papers and lots of others too. Both require
minimum orders.
Here's to spring!
Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord