[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Banana paper -Reply
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Banana paper -Reply
- From: Dean Creighton <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 05:09:10 -0500
- Message-Id: <199704041009.CAA22027@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
> I an in the middle of doing an edition book bout my travels and
> some dung
> paper would be a nice addition to the book.
> Kathy in Saskatchewan, Canada
I picked up this from News Quirks by Roland Sweet:
TOO MUCH TIME ISN'T ALL HE HAS ON HIS HANDS
Kenyan conservationist Mike Bugara announced he has figured out
how to make paper out of elephant dung. He collects the
droppings, boils them until they are the consistency of oatmeal,
then rolls them out into sheets and lets them dry in the sun.
You might try contacting Mike Bugara, but he is probably out working in
his chosen field.