in reparation for the Stoppard quote

Listmembers:
After all that hoopla over a joke that misfired, my friend Lisa Jones sends
this note for those who want to belly up to a good conservation symposium
of their favorite kinda art.

>Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:12:59 -0500 (EST)
>To: artifex@pipeline.com
>From: ljones@mail.utexas.edu (Lisa Jones)
>Subject: in reparation for the Stoppard quote
>
>UPCOMING CONSERVATION SYMPOSIUM
>Modern Art: Who Cares?  An international symposium on the
>conservation of modern art will be in Amsterdam from September
>8-10, 1997.  The three-day program will consist of lectures, a
>round-table discussion, a directors' forum, an exhibition,
>seminars and a concluding discussion with audience participation.
>It will be at the Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen, and is
>being coordinated by the Foundation for the Conservation of
>Modern Art / Netherlands Institute for Cultural Heritage.
>Further information available from Dionne Sille, Gabriel
>Metsustraat 8, 1071 EA Amsterdam; tel +31 20 / 673 51 62; fax +31
>20 / 670 08 20; e-mail modart@xs4all.nl
>

>Lisa Jones
>Department of Manuscripts and Archive
>The Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center
>UT Austin
>ljones@mail.utexas.edu
>vox (512) 471.9113 / fax (512) 471.2899

Nicholas G. Yeager * Artifex Librorum * 51 Warren St. #2 * New York, NY 10007
212.346.9609 email:artifex@pipeline.com *** Luxury, rather than necessity
is the mother of invention - Henry Petroski *** And laziness is the father
- NGY