Re: Artists' books in the library (fwd)

Dear Susan:

This is a very interesting question. I was getting very tired of elephant
poop and banana paper.

I am a book artist and have my books in several libraries and have no idea
what they do with them. I would rather have them where people could look at
them. Most exhibits seem to have white gloves now so that people can look
without leaving dirty fingerprints. My books are miniature - 1 1/2" to 2 1/2
" - so they wouldn't last long if they were sitting out where everybody could
handle them but it would be nice if they could be looked at on request.

On Saturday I am going to a meeting where there will be two Curators of
Special Collections, one from the Skillman Library at Lafayette College and
the other from the Linderman Library at Lehigh University. I will make copies
of your e-mail to give them and perhaps they can respond.

I have not answered Listserv before and am not sure I have done this right.
Perhaps I should have clicked on "Answer all"?? At any rate, it will reach
you!

Jane Conneen