Re: Moderation of list.

At 05:42 PM 4/16/97 -0700, you wrote:
>We vote to moderate the list. We download 15 to 40 letters daily,
>most from this list.

Perhaps response to this issue depends a lot on overall email amounts. I
could only wish that I had 15 to 40 letters daily. Today it's over 100, and
this list does not provide the bulk of it, and the "me too" and unintended
posts seem like almost nothing at all.

As someone else said, I really appreciate the posts reaching the list
almost immediately -- and for that alone I would opt for non-moderation.

Now I noticed that with the post I am replying to, when I hit "reply" my
ensuing message is directed not to the book arts list, but to the
individual sender. Now I really don't like that, as I have to delete the
addressee and type in a new one -- this takes a lot more time than just
deleting the occasional "me too" message. Please, folks, keep your setup
simple so that all replies to all messages to the book arts list
automatically also go to the list.

charles

charles alexander / chax press / chax@theriver.com