Moderation Seems Unnecessary

Peter,

Regarding your indication that a moderated list might be in our future.

As an alternative, I recommend more frequent postings defining proper
netiquette and instructing members on how to switch to the digest
format.

I have changed to the DIGEST FORMAT and it allows me to review the
"Topics of the Day" at the beginning of each mailing.  I then read only
the postings with topics in which I have an interest.  I can ignore the
useless messages, off-target messages and junk without wasting time.

I recommend this for everybody as an efficient way to get the most out
of this list.

Like some of the other respondents to your suggestion, I don't think
this list is that bad.  I receive several mailing lists and have seen
lists go out of control.  Book_Arts is nowhere near this situation.

Thanks to all for a most informative and enjoyable list.  I learn a
lot.  Where else could I hope to be tutored by such a wide variety of
experts?

P. Croy