Re: Kelsey 5x8 platen adjustment

At 02:26 AM 4/25/97 EDT, you wrote:
 Back off all the screws, lock up a new cap
>"H" in each corner of the chase, put a few sheets of packing behind your
>tympan, set your pins, ink up, and slowly adjust until you get a nice
>equal impression at each corner on some hard-surfaced stock.
>Wayne Batcheler
>New York

I used the very same process to adjust my Kelsey and It worked just fine.  I
eventually started using four type high aluminum blocks to set the press and
then type to adjust the pressure.

Best wishes with your Kelsey,

      M I C H A E L   M O R I N                  M.F.A., M.L.S.
    Director Celtic Press                Instructional Media Librarian
     Buffalo  New York                   D'Youville College Library
                           ba202@freenet.buffalo.edu
       Member Buffalo Free-Net Executive Board of Directors