List changes

I interrupt this program for an unscheduled service bulletin.

There will be some changes in the way the list is set up which will
hopefully be in effect before the end of the day.

The first is that only subscribers will be able to post to the list. This
means two things. It means that you will have to keep your addresses
current. The only address you will be able to post from is the one you
subscribed with. I.e. user@ACS.WOOSTER.EDU would only be able to post from
that address. Should the provider change the address to
user@MAILBOX.WOOSTER.EDU The subscriber would not be able to change their
options, or post. They would have to contact me directly and I would issue
the commands to delete them from the old address. They will HAVE TO
subscribe themselves using the new address. I WILL NOT do that for them.
All this will also reduce greatly the chance of Spams as one will have to
be a subscriber to post.

The second is that posters will receive copies of their own postings by
default. Should you NOT want them, you will need to issue the command:

set Book_Arts-L mail norepro

and send it to: listserv@listserv.syr.edu

Finally only I will be able to issue the review command allowing me to see
who is subscribed. I also have a command which will allow me to see
"concealed" users. Those 11 of you know who you are. Now I do too. If
anyone wants to know who else is on the list, I can get it for them. They
will have to be subscribers though and I will respect the privacy of
"concealed" users. This is to further cut down on Spaming opportunities.

Now, back to our scheduled program. I would like to see the discussion of
business practice continue and encourage anyone with something to
contribute to do so.

>> Je mehr das Eiweiss stinkt, je mehr der Goldschnitt blinkt! <<

Peter D. Verheyen           <wk> 315.443.9937   <fax>315.443.9510
<Email>                            mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>                    http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>                   mailto:Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu